Sunday, May 01, 2011

Gender Confusion

From Blog 11 Added Illustrations

I came across this sign in a store. If it's an accidental mistake, it's funny, but from the merchandise, I don't think it was a mistake. The watches seemed to be watches for women who pretend to wear men's watches.

"A woman shall not wear a man's garment, nor shall a man put on a woman's cloak, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the LORD your God."
--Deuteronomy 22:5

Why did the Lord give this command? I suspect it's because our maleness and femaleness is one of the most basic elements of his creation of us. To reject your gender is to reject the Lord's work in creating you.

If you've struggled in this area, I urge you to bring all of your confusion to the Lord, who is merciful and direct. Trust Jesus to bring something good out of your life.

3 comments:

dfish said...

Jim, I appreciate your low key but positive stance on this issue. I believe the antagonistic approach of many only drives some who have been convinced to question into Homosexuality. Our culture has deliberately promoted the confusion, at Satan's behest.

Great post.

Jim Swindle said...

Dfish, thanks.
I've had enough struggles myself in this area to be compassionate toward others.

The Lord calls us to speak the truth in love. May he give us the boldness to speak truth and the love that makes it possible for at least some people to hear the truth.

Ρωμανός ~ Romanós said...

Obedience is both easy and difficult.

To those who do not resist, obedience is easy.

The Word of God has laid everything, absolutely everything, out for us in plain sight, and bids us, choose the right way, and live.

God knows I have struggled with it all, but I still know that whatever hand I have been dealt with in life, with whatever unchosen or uncalled for malady of body or soul, Jesus is always the cure, even if the cure is completed only in the life of the world to come.

In fact, sometimes, no, always, I remind myself of the truth, that if we're willing to follow the doctor's orders, we shall be healed, even if sometimes we forget to take our medicine.

God is faithful.