Saturday, June 18, 2011

In the Light


Am I walking in the light?
Do I flee from night to day?
Do I practice all that's right?
Does the Spirit light my way?

Or is darkness creeping in...
First an inch and then a yard,
Until lies and pride and sin
Make the way of light seem hard?

Jesus, shine your light on me.
Show my sin and root it out.
Burn it up, that men may see
Your bright mercy all about.

But if we walk in the light,
as he is in the light,
we have fellowship with one another,
and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.

--1 John 1:7 ESV

2 comments:

Feline Lover said...

God led me here:) I logged onto my poetry blog and decided to view the next blog. Hence, your blog vine and fig.
God is good as I endure my life trials right now.
Thank you!

Jim Swindle said...

Feline Lover, may the Lord encourage you. Thanks for stopping by. I'll check out your blog.