Saturday, September 10, 2011

September 11th: Five Lessons America Missed

1. The attack wasn't the fruit of generic terrorism. It was the fruit of Islamic jihad.
2. Not all sincerely-held beliefs are equal.
3. We face an even bigger threat from the federal government and the military-security complex than from Islamic jihad. Government has the power to destroy more lives.
4. The American people are more interested in feeling safe than in being safe.
5. Our security as a nation is found in the Lord's protection, not in military might nor in freedom from religion.


Psalm 3
A Psalm of David, when he fled from Absalom his son.
1 O LORD, how many are my foes!
        Many are rising against me;
2 many are saying of my soul,
        there is no salvation for him in God. Selah
3 But you, O LORD, are a shield about me,
        my glory, and the lifter of my head.
4 I cried aloud to the LORD,
        and he answered me from his holy hill. Selah
5 I lay down and slept;
        I woke again, for the LORD sustained me.
6 I will not be afraid of many thousands of people
        who have set themselves against me all around.
7 Arise, O LORD! Save me, O my God!
        For you strike all my enemies on the cheek;
        you break the teeth of the wicked.
8 Salvation belongs to the LORD;
        your blessing be on your people! Selah
____________________________________________________

O LORD, forgive us for our blindness.
Have mercy on those for whom this day's memories are a horror.
Grant us hearts to turn from sin and to trust in you.

1 comment:

dfish said...

I agree fully with all five of your lessons they missed. Because Americans are more interested in feeling safe than being safe, they are letting their legal protections be destroyed by government.

It is preparing the way for the one world system that the Antichrist will take control of, ultimately resulting in the destruction of the entire world, using the illusion of providing safety.