Monday, September 26, 2011

What I Owe the Lord

From Blog11
What, LORD, do I owe?
Every minute, every second,
Every dollar, every penny,
Every hope and dream
And every waking thought.
LORD, that's what I owe.
You have bought me.
I'm your slave,
And blessed to be your slave.
Do, LORD, what you will.  

For he who is called by the Lord as a slave is the Lord’s freedman. Likewise he who is called as a free man is Christ’s slave. --1 Corinthians 7:22 HCSB  

For am I now trying to win the favor of people, or God? Or am I striving to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a •slave of Christ. --Galatians 1:10 HCSB

This particular poem and photo are public domain. 

2 comments:

dfish said...

Great poem. Every human being owes all this, Christians owe even more. They received the gift he offered and the results. Too bad we don't seem to get it very often.

reta said...

world top news
yes so nice