Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Jesus, Clean My Mind

From Blog11

Jesus, clean my mind,
For I've been dull and blind.
Wash me deep within
And scrub out all my sin.

Jesus, free my will,
And I'll be captive still--
Not to sin and shame,
But to your holy name.

Jesus, make my heart
All new--a holy start.
Hostile to your law,
My old was cold and raw.

Jesus, kill my past--
The works that could not last.
May I--clean--find place
In you, the LORD of grace.

And I will give them one heart, and a new spirit I will put within them. I will remove the heart of stone from their flesh and give them a heart of flesh...  --Ezekiel 11:19 ESV
Poem ©2011 and photo ©2010 by James L. Swindle. You may print up to 100 copies for non-commercial use, so long as you include the copyright notice.

4 comments:

dfish said...

Before we receive Christ, we think we are free, not realizing what slaves we are to sin. Thanks for a great poem.

Unknown said...

joshymonkey said...
I really like this poem, it's nice

Unknown said...

You did a good job on this, joshymonkey

Jim Swindle said...

My unknown friend, I'm glad you like it. And take to heart what dfish said. Freedom comes when we become slaves of Jesus Christ.