Friday, February 03, 2012

Lord Jesus Christ, I Want to Know You

From Blog12


Lord Jesus Christ, I want to know you--

To know you as a person,
  And not just a force;
To know you as a person
  Who plans my life's course.

To know you as my Savior,
  And not just as law.
To know you as my Savior
  From guilt red and raw.

To know you in your fullness,
  And not just in part;
To know you in your fullness,
  The depths of your heart.

To know you in your suffering,
  And not just your youth;
To know you in your suffering
  For speaking the truth.

To know you in your rising,
  And not just your death;
To know you in your rising--
  My source of each breath.

To know you in your power,
  And not in my own.
To know you in your power
  That you make my own.

Lord Jesus Christ, I want to know you.

For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, 
so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. 
(2 Corinthians 5:21 ESV)

But we have this treasure in jars of clay, 
to show that the surpassing power belongs to God 
and not to us. 
(2 Corinthians 4:7 ESV)

I used the photo of the three stems, as a reminder (NOT as a representation) of the Father, the Son and the Spirit.
Enhanced by Zemanta

4 comments:

dfish said...

Great Poem.

Philippians 3:8-10 sums up the importance of what you describe.

april said...

I must say that your post is very interesting!


Monique of Ayala Greenfield Estates

Dave King said...

The three stems make the point very well. The poem is very powerful. I assume it to be yours. If so, you get the top accolade! Very difficult to do, and very impressively done.

Jim Swindle said...

dfish, those are great verses.
april, thanks...unless you're a spam bot.
Dave King, thanks for the thoughtful comments. Yes, the photo and the poem are from me...but I can only do anything worthwhile if the Lord empowers it. The three stems were in a bit of forest that's currently being transformed into a skyscraper.