Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Forgive?



Forgive? Forgive?
You ask me, me to forgive,
When he was in the wrong?
He tricked me, cut me, used me, shamed me,
And shall I now forgive?

What's that you say?
I owed a debt to you,
Ten thousand times what I could pay,
And lived, your brazen enemy--
I used you, shamed you, would have tricked you,
And, although you knew it all,
You gave your Son to set men free--
He died for sinners, and I'm one!?

O Lord, forgive my heartless heart.
May I forgive--not part, but all--
And walk, forgiven, in your love.


And whenever you stand praying, forgive,
if you have anything against anyone,
so that your Father also who is in heaven
may forgive you your trespasses.
            (Mark 11:25 ESV)

4 comments:

Ρωμανός ~ Romanós said...

Great poem!

'…Ten thousand times what I could pay…'

Jim Swindle said...

Thanks, brother, for correcting me once again. I've corrected the spelling error.

Mara said...

Forgiveness is not always an easy thing to bestow to others . . . I'm working on it.

Nice poem.

-Mara
http://tea-time-4-two.blogspot.com

dfish said...

We don't like to forgive because it requires us to recognize our own faults. I suspect the reason we will not be forgive if we don't forgive is because we won't confess our own sin.

Great poem.