Thursday, March 22, 2012

This Age's End

From Blog12

Earth's treasures soon may all be dust
Or smoky ash or crumbled rust.
The world's wise men still fall and die,
Their deepest thoughts a damning lie.
But yet there are a precious few
Who now by Jesus are made new
To rise with bodies newly bright
To reign with him in blinding light
Where Jesus Christ himself will be
All, all they want and all they see.

For the Lamb in the midst of the throne will be their shepherd,
        and he will guide them to springs of living water,
and God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.

(Revelation 7:17 ESV)

Yes, we'll also want the Father, and we'll delight in all of the good that flows from the Father and from the Son and from the Spirit. Yet all of our desires will be satisfied in Jesus.

3 comments:

Jackie Houchin said...

All very true, Jim. Makes me feel not so bad about my wrinkles1 :o)
jackie

Jim Swindle said...

Jackie Houchin, yes. Wrinkles remind us that we've lived long enough to gain some wisdom, and that this body is falling apart. Both are good reminders.

dfish said...

The longer I live, the more concerned I become with how few there may really be. When Jesus asked, "When I come, will I find faith on the earth?", I don't think he was being facetious.

Hope people will think about what you are saying here.