Monday, June 11, 2012

Not Yet Finished

From Blog12


The darkness is falling.
The night is coming,
But the work's not yet finished.

My power is waning.
My mind is fading,
But the work's not yet finished.

It's not by my power.
It's not by my plans
That the work will be finished,

And yet I must work.
I must yearn and plan
For the work to be finished.

The LORD gives the power.
The LORD makes the plans,
And the work will be finished.

The darkness will end,
The day-star appear,
And the work will be finished.

    And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.
    Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”    
    (Matthew 28:18-20 ESV)

1 comment:

dfish said...

Like a plumber or other construction worker, we do our part but the building is not finished until everyone's part is done. Like the Architect or General contractor, God decides what those parts are.

Good post.