Sunday, November 18, 2012

I Heard the Heavens Talking


I heard the heavens talking,
Singing of the glory--
Celebrate the story--
Of One who planned and made them.

The stars were all proclaiming
Depths of the creation
Throughout every nation
Did anybody hear them?

The LORD has shown it plainly:
Nothing comes from nothing,
Yet there's lots of something.
All plainly came from someone.

The stars all keep on singing--
Joyously affirming,
Solemnly confirming
The God Who planned and made them.


For his invisible attributes, 
namely, his eternal power and divine nature, 
have been clearly perceived, 
ever since the creation of the world, 
in the things that have been made. 
So they are without excuse.
(Romans 1:20 ESV)

3 comments:

Donald Fishgrab said...

Great poem, Jim. As Psalm 19:1 states, "The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament showeth his handiwork."

missions4god said...

Hi Jim!
I don't know if you remember, but my little brother, Joshua (Josh), once commented on your blog; you emailed him saying you could send him a book of your poetry if he wanted. He did, but we've had a few family disasters and a possible move, and I haven't had a chance to try to contact you until now. He is 10 now, and still loves your blog as much as he ever did - he checks it once a day, and I'm delighted that he's found such a God-honoring blog to follow (I also happen to be a fan of good poetry myself!) :-D
Anyway, you are free to contact me, as he would still love to have that book, but I totally understand if that's not possible considering how long it's been...

Thank you,
Miri F.

PS
I really enjoyed your poem, "To Fully Praise You",
and it fit just so into my life that I had to sing it.
I hope you don't mind! We can talk more...

Jim Swindle said...

Donald Fishgrab, thanks. Yes, I'd thought of that verse also.

missions4god, yes, I remember the note from Josh. I'd be happy to send the book. You can send me a mailing address (doesn't have to be your home address; can be in care of a friend or your church or something, if your parents feel safer that way. Send the mailing address to my e-mail. It's the three main words of my blog's name, with no spaces, at gmail.com. So that's (fill in the blanks...) vinea__f__@gmail.com

I'm very happy to hear that you were singing that poem. Did you use a standard tune, or an original tune.