Thursday, December 06, 2012

Let Me Not Be Silent


Father, let me not be silent
When right is labeled wrong
And wrong is labeled right;
When greed becomes a good
And good becomes a crime;
When babes are killed
And airways filled
With filth of every kind.
No, let me not be silent.

Father, let me not be silent
When men with men are sinning
And women leave their children;
When curses are defended
And Christ becomes a curse;
When churches preach just pablum
And truth is persecuted.
No, let me not be silent.

Father, let me not be silent
When Islam is exalted
And Christians are but fodder;
When science spins more godless myths
Or people follow Joseph Smith;
When sex is sold
And children bought
And marriage is for starters.
No, let me not be silent.


The word that God puts in my mouth, that must I speak. 
(Numbers 22:38b ESV)

Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

Donald Fishgrab said...

Great poem, Jim.

Far too many are not only standing silent, but even participating in the wrong. Even many who stand against these things are standing because they don't like it, not because it is wrong, in effect making it just a preference.

Jim Swindle said...

Donald Fishgrab, good observations. If doing right is merely a preference, when heavy temptation comes, or heavy persecution, we'll cave in and do evil.

Rik no Orkut said...

Que boi!