Saturday, March 16, 2013

Shoe Shine


Two well-kept shoes--my aim, my goal.
It isn't very lofty, is it?
No mighty crowds to cheer me on,
No major break-through for mankind.
Just shoes in pairs, one at a time--
Though fewer in this time of sloppiness.

The shoes, the boots I've done
Could fill a house (so I suppose),
And each has made somebody's day
A little brighter, neater, better.
Those simple shines have fed my kids
And clothed them, too--
But now I'm tired. Worn out.

Oh, Hi! Of course I'll do your shoes.
The chair is open. Come on up!

In all toil there is profit,
but mere talk tends only to poverty.
(Proverbs 14:23 ESV)

Note: The photo was taken this week at Bush Intercontinental Airport in Houston.
Poem and photo ©2013 James L. Swindle.

Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

Donald Fishgrab said...

I suspect a person who is to important to do such a job is unfit to have an important one.

Rik no Orkut said...

Bom!