Sunday, April 07, 2013

"I Will Follow"

My pastor preached a remarkable sermon this morning on the priority and urgency of following Jesus.
(If the sermon's not there yet, it should be within a day or two.)



I will follow--so we say,
But then life gets in the way.
Sure, we'll follow for a while
If the situations smile,
But may turn around and run
If there's grief instead of fun.
We must calculate the cost--
If all earthly pleasure's lose,
Tell me--is it worth the price
To be following the Christ?

I will follow--so we say.
Will we follow all the way?

As they were going along the road, someone said to him, “I will follow you wherever you go.” And Jesus said to him, “Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay his head.” (Luke 9:57-58, ESV)


Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

Donald Fishgrab said...

The evidence of a real commitment to Christ is a willingness to follow all the way. Cannot be his disciple, without such a commitment according to Luke.

Rik no Orkut said...

Legal!