My pastor, Richard Caldwell, concluded last night's sermon by listing five signs of true repentance, as seen in 2 Corinthians 7:5-11.
- True repentance is grieved by godly admonition. It doesn't get angry about being confronted.
- True repentance doesn't stop at the point of grief. It leads to a change of course. It goes from grief to decision.
- True repentance leads to salvation, not to death nor to depression nor to destruction. It lead to Jesus, to freedom from sin.
- True repentance longs for holiness. It doesn't long for a return to sin.
- True repentance is ready to demonstrate a new course. It understands why can't instantly forget about what was done wrong to them.
What does your repentance look like?
You may want to listen to the whole sermon, which was an introduction to Zephaniah, in English or Spanish.