Tuesday, May 07, 2013

I Chose God; He Chose Me

     Lye soap at Wunderlich Farm. Photo credit: Gail Swindle

By your grace, I've chosen you.
Now confirm it. make me new--
Dead to all the devil's lies,
By your Spirit, clean and wise.
Keep me in the tempting hour
By your Holy Spirit's power.
As you wash and fresh and fill,
Conquer me to do your will.
Then a glory not my own
Will flow from and to your throne
As my life in each small thing
Glorifies my matchless king.
Speak your truth from north to south,
East to west through my saved mouth.
All I am, Lord, comes from you.
Sanctify me through and through.


Blessed is the one whose transgression is forgiven,
    whose sin is covered.
Blessed is the man against whom the Lord counts no iniquity,
    and in whose spirit there is no deceit.
(Psalm 32:1-2 ESV)