Monday, August 05, 2013

Flesh and Spirit


My flesh is weak as cottage cheese,
Distracting me from what is good.
At times there's jelly in my knees--
And fear of doing what I should.

The Lord in me is clean and strong
With vigor that cannot grow old.
He gives the fire. He gives the song.
He's always virile, kind and bold.

The Spirit's stronger than the skies.
So, though my body's aimed toward dust
(With creaking joints and blurring eyes),
I'm strong in Jesus Christ, my trust.

Watch and pray that you may not enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak. (Mark 14:38 ESV)

5 comments:

Ρωμανός ~ Romanós said...

Excellent poem and true, thanks be to God. Brother, you have blessed me this morning!

Jim Swindle said...

Romanós, I'm blessed that I've blessed you.

Rik no Orkut said...

Música!

most high said...

This is beautiful. Short and to the point

Jim Swindle said...

Rik no Orkut and most high, thank you for the kind words.