Sunday, October 20, 2013

Living in a Darkening Age



May I love you, Lord, tonight
Though this age swaps dark for light.
Save me from this world's cheap toys
That would kill eternal joys.

Give compassion for the weak,
So with love I'll help them seek
Holiness: a faith that grows
Whatever way the fashion blows.

When men mock your grace, your laws,
When they hate you without cause,
When men persecute your name,
May I praise you just the same.

All that's right begins with you--
Fully holy, just and true,
Full of mercy and with rage
Slaying sin at end of age.

Long before creation's song,
Into future ages long,
Maker, savior of my soul,
You're the treasure. You're the goal.


First, be aware of this: Scoffers will come in the last days to scoff, living according to their own desires... (2 Peter 3:3 HCSB)

2 comments:

Donald Fishgrab said...

This is an especially appropriate prayer for our day.

azeem nadeem said...

This is very Nice Post......
www.apniinfo.com