Friday, March 14, 2014

Testing


Temptation tantalizes
And tells as many lies as
There are weaknesses in me.

But Jesus energizes
And holiness arises.
By his power, I am free.

Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. (James 1:2-3 ESV)

Like every week, this one has had its trials for me: normal temptations on every side, a concussion, and a fellow who hates Jesus threatening me online that "we'll kill all of you." Through it all, the Lord is abundantly faithful, abundantly worth knowing and following.
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

Donald Fishgrab said...

I suspect the threat you received may not be an idle one because so many hate the gospel today, and are becoming more aggressive in their opposition. Praise God, he still cares for us and can protect us.