Friday, April 18, 2014

Conquering My Sin


Lord, I'll never conquer
Even one slight sin--
Not in my own power,
Not in my own pride.

But, Lord, you have conquered
All my ugly sin--
And I, too, will conquer
If I'm at your side.

Lord, you are my goodness--
Holiness within--
By your mercy flowing,
Cleansing me inside.

For if you live according to the flesh you will die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. (Romans 8:14 ESV)

Written while with a group of guys studying chapter 7 of John Owen's Of the Mortification of Sin in Believers.

3 comments:

jls said...

Hello Jim,

This is Jeremy.
Would you mind telling me the name of that church?

Good poem, by the way.

Jim Swindle said...

Hi, Jeremy. We changed our mind; plan to go to the Good Friday service tonight, 7pm, at Spring Baptist Church. 633 East Louetta Rd or 1027 Spring-Cypress Rd., Spring, TX 77373. (You can enter the same church from either road. The worship building is the largest building.)
www.springbaptist.org . It's closer for us and probably closer for you. It would be great to have you with us. We'll probably sit generally toward the center, unless it's crowded. It's not my church, but it's a real church. The other church I'd mentioned Wednesday night is Grace Community Church of Tomball.

jls said...

Thanks, Jim.