Thursday, July 10, 2014

Faith--New or Old?


If you seek a newer faith,
Something current, up-to-date,
You will only find a lie.
Jesus died just once, for all,
And now he lives to make men free.
He’s the source, and he’s the end.
Trust him. Trust him, and you’ll see.

Beloved, although I was very eager to write to you about our common salvation, I found it necessary to write appealing to you to contend for the faith that was once for all delivered to the saints. (Jude 3 ESV)

The Bible and the inscription are from the Sam Houston Memorial Museum in Huntsville, Texas. I'm not endorsing this man's cause, and I don't know whether he believed the message of Jesus. I recommend reading the Bible, not just using it to protect from bullets...though, if it does the latter, that's OK, too!

No comments: