Sunday, December 14, 2014

Warning

Image modified from a photo by kathie wu. Some rights reserved.

Now, my neighbors, hear me well:
I must warn of fires of hell.
Just as blessings never end,
Curses go on, too, my friend.
Without Jesus, you are lost.
You can't pay your sin's great cost.
Flee to Jesus Christ today.
He will save you--all the way.
After battles fierce and strong,
You'll be welcome. You'll belong.
You'll forget each painful thing
In the joy of Christ the King.
But, I also have to say,
If you don't take Christ today,
Time for mercy could be past.
You may go to flames at last.

And if your eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into the hell of fire. (Matthew 18:9 ESV)

Do I really believe you should run to Jesus just to escape hellfire? Yes.

Is that the only reason? Absolutely not.

What are some others? He is good. He is king. He is faithful. He's the source of all that's truly good. He's the one "in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge." (Colossians 2:3 ESV)

For posts about heaven, click here.

No comments: