Saturday, February 14, 2015

Weakness and Strength


My own flesh is weak as un-fired clay.
My own will looks strong, but no--it's weak.
Yet, Lord, it's your pleasure that I seek.
Be my strength, my rock, my life today.

I don't know what each day will afford--
Raw disaster or a peaceful field--
Yet you're here. You'r good. I gladly yield:
I'm all yours, rejoicing in you, Lord.

Father, when I'm tired and spent and worn,
May I in your loving shelter rest.
By your grace, I'll past the final test
And awake where all is fresh, is morn.




The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; 
My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; 
My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
--Psalm 18:2 NKJV


5 comments:

Donald Fishgrab said...

May we learn to just trust the Lord to enable us, while not just quitting trying.

Jim Swindle said...

Amen, Donald Fishgrab.

lee woo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jim Swindle said...

I removed one comment because it had links to ads for something totally unrelated.

Silvia Jacinto said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.