Sunday, April 12, 2015

War on Sin


Help, Lord!

I've made peace with my sin--
And not fought it, to win.
It's been buried at times
But it stubbornly climbs
Right back out of the dirt
And back into my shirt
Where it's eating a hole
'Way down deep in my soul.

It has festered and grown
From bad seed I have sown.
I must kill sin--right now!
But the question is,"How?"
Let me one more begin.
May I, Lord, kill my sin!
I'm not worthy to ask,
But enable that task.
I am yet prone to slip:
Father, break sin's foul grip.

For if you live according to the flesh you will die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. (Romans 8:13 ESV)

1 comment:

Donald Fishgrab said...

Too often our war on sin is like the war on poverty or drugs. We fail because we attack individual sins instead of addressing the heart attitude that results in those sins.

God is the one who changes the heart.

Great poem.