Monday, July 13, 2015

Lord of the Armies of Heaven

Lord of the armies of heaven,
I am your soldier today.
Whatever task I am given,
May I fulfill it, I pray.

My life and my reputation
Aren't really mine in the end.
All's for the good of your nation.
Your kingdom's what I defend.

Yes, I'm aware of my weakness--
Flabbiness all the day long--
But Christ in me brings completeness.
When I am weak, then I'm strong.

Fear, then, you hosts of the devil.
Your work may fail in a flash.
Jesus will conquer all evil.
Satan will fall with a crash.

Lord of the armies of heaven,
I am your soldier today.
Whatever task I am given,
Let me fulfill it, I pray.

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. (Ephesians 6:10-12 ESV)

Poem and photo ©2015 James L. Swindle

No comments: