Monday, October 12, 2015

Falling and Rising


The falling leaves are telling me
Another year is winding down,
   Winding down,
      Winding down.

The years are bright with godly hope,
And yet my days are growing short,
   Growing short,
      Growing short.

My days, like leaves, fall one by one.
They fall. They fall and won't return,
   Won't return,
      Won't return.

And yet, one day, my Lord will come
And all at once his saints will rise,
   Saints will rise,
      Saints will rise.

Saints rise to meet him in the skies.
I'll see and serve him ever more,
   Ever more,
      Ever more.

For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.
(1 Thessalonians 4:16 ESV)

2 comments:

Ρωμανός ~ Romanós said...

Nice, kind of songlike. Reminds me of the children's song London bridge is falling down.

Jim Swindle said...

Thanks, Romanós, for the encouragement.