Sunday, August 07, 2016

Christian Relationships - Connected in Christ


Broken people,
    Depths of grace...
Hurts wiped out, we're
    Face to face.

Bound together
    All our days,
Washed and filled, we're
    One in praise.


The glory that you have given me I have given to them, 
that they may be one even as we are one, 
I in them and you in me, 
that they may become perfectly one, 
so that the world may know that you sent me 
and loved them even as you loved me.

--Jesus in John 17:22-23

Do you view your relationships as a way to glorify the Lord? Do you treasure and protect the unity that there is in Christ? 

If you'd like to work on that, try working through the book Change and Your Relationships A Mess Worth Making, by Timothy S. Lane and Paul David Tripp. It's a study guide with leader's notes. The book is fairly costly, but is quite good. You'd want the paper-and-ink book, since it's a workbook. We've been studying it at church.

No comments: